A personal injury can turn your life upside down in a matter of seconds. From a car, truck, or motorcycle accident, to slipping and falling at your workplace, you may have been injured because of someone else’s negligent actions. The emotional and financial toll of sustaining an injury can be overwhelming. The complex legal issues surrounding your injury should be the very last thing on your mind as you try to heal.
In personal injury cases, the importance of hiring the right legal counsel cannot be overstated. Your choice of attorney may mean the difference between a fair settlement and inadequate compensation — or no compensation at all. Treadaway & Treadaway has a proven record of success in personal injury claims. Since 1980, we have recovered millions of dollars on behalf of individuals who were injured, as well as their families. We are committed to holding negligent parties and their insurance companies accountable. If you live in Marietta, Atlanta, Dallas, or Douglasville, Georgia, seek the financial compensation you deserve by scheduling a free consultation with our office today.
Steps to Take After an Injury in Marietta
The intense emotions brought on by going through a personal injury can extend far beyond the moment of the injury. Knowing what to do immediately after your personal injury is important because your future is on the line, both emotionally and financially. Protect that future by following these steps:
- Seek Medical Help: Do this right away. Medical experts will determine the extent of your injury.
- Collect Documentation: A personal injury claim may depend on documentation as evidence. Keep copies of police reports and medical records, and obtain as many witness statements as you can.
- Personal Recollection of Details: Document your own memory of what occurred before, during, and after the incident.
- Report the Injury to Your Insurance: Report the accident to your insurance company immediately. Some companies have strict time requirements for reporting.
- Hire an Attorney: Get in touch with experienced personal injury attorneys to help you file claims, negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company, or go to trial.
After your injury, don’t take any more time and energy away from your healing. Allow excellent legal representation to guide you at every stage of your personal injury case.