Have You Been Falsely Accused of a Crime?

Treadaway & Treadaway March 5, 2019

Being falsely accused of a crime could stem from a person lying about your actions, such as in a divorce scenario, or it could stem from shoddy police work. Often, in contentious divorce cases, one spouse will accuse another of spousal abuse, child abuse or even substance abuse in order to gain primary custody of children or in order to gain financially. In most cases, these issues are handled in divorce court, but in some circumstances, the criminal court could be involved. In the case of bad police work, you could become the subject of an investigation because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

If You Are Arrested

Never agree to give an interview with the police unless you have an attorney present. If you have been arrested for a crime you did not commit, immediately ask for an attorney. When your attorney arrives, you should be given some time to discuss the matter prior to any interviews. Stay calm and tell your attorney everything you can remember about the incident. Never withhold any information from your attorney, as he or she cannotdefend you without knowing the entire situation and all of the facts.

Contact a Criminal Defense Attorney

If you have been falsely accused of a crime, contact our criminal defense attorneys immediately. If you have been arrested, contact your attorneys or have your family member contact our law office.